The stationary and moving parts of an electrostatic motor contain three-phase electrodes. When high voltage three-phase alternating current is applied to the three-phase electrodes, a large amount of charges will be generated on the surface of the electrodes, and the electrostatic attraction between the charges will generate a driving force.
The feasibility of exceeding the limit of electrostatic motor
The driving force of electrostatic motor is proportional to the square of voltage peak and electrode area. Current research data show that a force of 1,000 newtons can be generated per square meter of electrode when the driving voltage peaks at 1,500 volts. By further increasing the driving voltage and superimposing the electrodes, the driving force of the motor can be greatly increased. Therefore, the superlimit electrostatic motor can be made.
The characteristics and advancement of the ultra - limit electrostatic motor
1. High energy density. An ultra-thin electrode (0.2mm) per square meter can produce a force of 1,000 newtons at high pressure (1500V). According to this calculation, under the same volume, the output torque of electrostatic motor is about 10 times that of electromagnetic motor.
2. High efficiency (95% or above). Most conventional electromagnetic motors are less than 90% efficient, and more than 90% are high-end products on the market. The research shows that the efficiency of electrostatic motor can reach more than 95%.
3. High precision. The motion precision of the general synchronous motor is affected by the step length, but the static motor can realize the linear synchronous motion by using the special electrode, so as to realize the high-precision synchronous control.
4. Low heat, no need for cooling equipment. The drive current of traditional electromagnetic motor is ampere level. The motor with large coil heat and large load needs to dissipate heat. The drive current of the electrostatic motor is milliamps, the heat is negligible, no heat dissipation equipment is needed, and the system is more compact.
5. Simple manufacturing process. Permanent magnet motors, for example, require a large number of rare metals in manufacturing. The process is complex, and the cost is greatly affected by the price of rare earth. Electrostatic motors can be manufactured using PCB technology at a lower cost.